Study in Beijing, China
Welcome To ..........
North China Electric Power University
NORTH CHINA ELECTRIC POWERUNIVERSITY
Founded in 1958, NCEPU is one of the key universities affiliated with the Ministry of Education. The University has two campuses, Beijing Campus and Baoding Campus in HebeiProvince.
After 40 years development, currently, the university has established her as a comprehensive key university with a wide variety of disciplines such as science, engineering, liberal arts, law, economics and management. NCEPU comprises 15 schools and offers 53 undergraduate programs, 43 postgraduate programs, 14 doctoral programs and 2 postdoctoral programs.
Undertaken by the university, the research program of space flight simulator to facilitate the astronaut training for the launch mission of “Shenzhou 5” manned spacecraft won a national award.
The university has established cooperative relationships with universities, scientific institutions, companies, and enterprises from over twenty countries and regions including the United States, United Kingdom, France, Russia, Germany, Korea, Japan, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong and Taiwan. A variety of academic exchanges have been carried out in the fields of the scientific research projects, new product development, cooperative education and so on.
Study and Living Environment:
The Beijing campus is located in Zhuxinzhuang, Deshengmenwai, Beijing. It is next to the Badaling Express way, close to Zhongguancun High Technology Park and the Metro System. It neighbors the National Olympic Park, the center of 2008 Beijing Olympic Game. A number of bus lines (No.345, No.845, No.820) run close to the University, and can take passengers either to the subway or to the city center.
The university owns modern playgrounds including standard basketball, volleyball, badminton and tennis courts, etc.
The apartments of international students are supervised in a standardized way and are equipped with bathrooms (for 24 hours bathing), air-conditioners, refrigerators, color TVs, Internet connections, telephones, desks, closets and other furniture. There are dining hall, shared kitchen and laundry rooms in the apartment building.
There are banks, post office and supermarket near the campus. All these provide the international students with a comfortable study and living environment.
Accommodation and Food Expenses
Tuition and Application Fee
* Registration Fee: The student will only pay for the application fee after his/her arrival at the university, because the registration fee is included in the application fee.
★ Main Undergraduate Programs:
★ Main Master’s Degree and Ph.D. Degree Programs
(with a #mark means for both Master and Ph.D. degree)
1. English Language and Literature
2. Mechano-Electronic Engineering
3. Mechanical design and Theory
4. Engineering Thermophysics
5. Thermal Power Engineering #
6. Electric Machine and Elec0trical Equipment #
7. Electric Power System and Automation #
8. High-Voltage and Insulation Technology #
9. Electrical Engineering Theory and New Technology #
10. Communications and Information System
11. Control Theories and Control Engineering
12. Model Identification and Intelligent System
13. Computer Application Technology
14. Management Science and Engineering
15. Technical Economics and Management ＃
16. Power Machinery and Engineering
17. Mechanical Manufacture and Automation
18. Signal and Information Processing
19. Computer Software and Theory
20. Systems Engineering
21. Quantitative Economics
23. Enterprise management
24. Applied Mathematics
25. Fluid Machinery and Engineering
26. Electromagnetic Fields and Microwave Technology
27. Power Electronics and Electric Drive
28. Environmental Engineering
29. Environmental Science
★ Post-doctoral Center:
★ Chinese Language Programs:
The University offers Chinese language programs on a Small Class basis, less than 15 students in each long-term class.
Oral Communication, listening Comprehension, Reading Comprehension, Comprehensive Ability in Chinese, Writing, Chinese Culture, Newspapers and Periodicals Reading
Options of Chinese Culture
Chinese Language Proficiency Test (HSK test) Training, Chinese Calligraphy, Chinese Songs Singing, Chinese Folk Dancing, Chinese Folk Music Instruments, Chinese Martial Art, Chinese Shadowboxing, Chinese Film, Chinese Paper-Cut Art
A Chinese partner student for each foreign student to practice the Chinese language;
Self-study class with tutors answering questions;
Teaching Quality Supervision Group made up of linguistic experts;
Lively teaching methods with abundant teaching contents ;
Options of Chinese nationality characteristics taught by specialists;
Every year, all the international students pass the HSK test (3 grade or above)
Chinese Language requirements:
★The university can provide preparatory (language) course for international students to help them pass the HSK test.
How to Apply:
1. Applicants can ask for the Application Form from th International Education Institute of the University or download the form from the website of the University.
2. Applicants should submit the Application form together with the following documents to the International Education Institute of the university by registered mail or e-mail 2 months in advance.
3) Physical Examination Record for Foreigners
The Physical Examination Record for Foreigners, with photo of the applicant affixed and stamp of the hospital, must be completed and signed by a medical doctor after a physical examination of the applicant. A copy of the Physical Examination Record for Foreigners should be submitted to the Institute at the time of application, and the original can be brought with the student to the university.
4) Financial Guarantee Form
The guarantor should complete the Financial Guarantee Form with his information including relationship to the applicant, position, telephone and address.
5) Guarantee Form in China
The applicant’s guarantor in China should complete the Guarantee Form in China attached with his information including relationship to the applicant, position, telephone and address.
3. Once approved, the applicants will receive an Admission Notice, and the Visa Application for Foreigners Wishing to Study in China (JW202 Form). The applicants may obtain a student Visa (X-Visa) from the Chinese embassy or consulate.
Time for application and enrollment
Applying: all the year, 2 months ahead of the expected date of enrollment
★ Around September 1 for all kinds of students;
★ For long-term Chinese language programs, the enrollment date is around March 1 for spring classes and around September 1 for fall classes;
★ For Short-term Chinese language programs: Anytime
Contact: Ms Wu chunqingMr. Yuan haifeng
Tel: +86-10-80793074 / 80793073
Add: International Education Institute NorthChinaElectricPowerUniversity Zhuxinzhuang, Dewai, Beijing 102206 P. R. China